Think farm shares. But for power.
There’s a reason it’s called “community solar”. We seed rows of solar panels near your town, transforming the sun into power for you and your neighbors. Whether you live in an apartment or on a shady lane, if you have a utility bill, you can get a share of the savings—plus, there are no rooftop solar panels to install or maintain.
Here’s how it works:
1. BlueWave and our partners ‘plant’ a community solar farm in your area.
2. You sign up for a Solar Share! Depending on availability, you may be placed on a waitlist.
3. We look at your past utility bills to determine how much solar energy you need to offset your electricity cost. We do our best to offset 100% of your energy use with community solar.
4. We let you know when your farm goes online and your share is generating power.
5. Watch your utility bill decrease by your solar offset amount (up to the whole bill amount)!
6. You’ll get your discounted BlueWave Community Solar bill after your utility bill decreases. You can see your energy savings (and pay your monthly BlueWave bill) online.
It’s nice to share.
With your BlueWave Community Solar Share, the benefits start at home but extend to your neighbors.
You save money.
- You receive a 10% discount on your electricity rate.
You help clear the air.
- Solar energy is clean energy—that means zero carbon emissions. BlueWave Community Solar farms annually reduce carbon emissions by an amount equal to taking 23k cars off the road.
You create local jobs.
- Building a solar farm creates jobs for your friends and neighbors.
You green your life.
- Community solar gives you the option to choose local, sustainable energy.
Let’s get started!
Sign up for your BlueWave Community Solar Share today.
Community solar is for businesses too.
You want the cost savings and environmental benefits of solar energy. But you don’t want the capital and operational expenses of onsite installation. We get it—and we have a solution for it.
Convert your property into a cash stream.
We’re actively pursuing new sites for community solar farms. If you own underutilized land, you can put your property to work by selling or leasing it to us.