Community Solar from the Town of Mendon.
Think farm shares. But for power.
There’s a reason it’s called “community solar”. We install rows of solar panels in your community, transforming the sun into power for you and your neighbors. Whether you live in an apartment or on a shady lane, if you have a utility bill, you can get a share of the savings—plus, there are no rooftop solar panels to install or maintain.
Here’s how it works:
1. BlueWave and our partners ‘plant’ a community solar farm near the Town of Mendon.
2. We offer Community Solar Shares to the Mendon community.
3. You sign up for a Share via our Solar Management Platform (SMP).
4. We look at your past utility bill to help you figure out how big your share should be.
5. We let you know when the farm goes online and your share is generating power.
6. You check your solar energy savings (and pay your BlueWave monthly bill) on the SMP.
It’s nice to share.
With your BlueWave Community Solar Share, the benefits start at home but extend to your neighbors.
- You save money.
- You receive a 10% discount on your electricity rate.
- You keep saving money.
- You lock in a low rate, so what you pay for electricity stays stable.
- You help clear the air.
- Solar energy is clean energy—that means zero carbon emissions.
- You help create local jobs.
- Building a solar farm creates jobs for your friends and neighbors.
BlueWave and the Town of Mendon are excited to offer members of the Mendon community the opportunity to choose local, Community Solar.
Sign up for your Mendon Community Solar Share here.