Think farm shares. But for power.
There’s a reason it’s called “community solar”. We seed rows of solar panels near your town, transforming the sun into power for you and your neighbors. Whether you live in an apartment or on a shady lane, if you have a utility bill, you can get a share of the savings—plus, there are no rooftop solar panels to install or maintain.
Here’s how it works:
1. BlueWave and our partners ‘plant’ a community solar farm in your area.
2. Three months before construction ends, we start offering community solar shares.
3. You sign up for a share via our Solar Management Platform (SMP).
4. We look at your past utility bill to help you figure out how big your share should be.
5. We let you know when your farm goes online and your share is generating power.
6. You can see your energy savings (and pay your BlueWave monthly bill) on the SMP.
It’s nice to share.
With your BlueWave Community Solar Share, the benefits start at home but extend to your neighbors.
- You save money.
- You receive a 10% discount on your electricity rate.
- You keep saving money.
- You lock in a low rate, so what you pay for electricity stays stable.
- You help clear the air.
- Solar energy is clean energy—that means zero carbon emissions.
- You help create local jobs.
- Building a solar farm creates jobs for your friends and neighbors.
Let’s get started!
Whether you live in an apartment or on a shady lane, if you have a utility bill, you can get a share of low-cost solar from a farm near you.
Community solar is for businesses too.
You want the cost savings and environmental benefits of solar energy. But you don’t want the capital and operational expenses of onsite installation. We get it—and we have a solution for it.
Convert your property into a cash stream.
We’re actively pursuing new sites for community solar farms. If you own underutilized land, you can put your property to work by selling or leasing it to us.